This section explains what you should do if you are citizen of Hong Kong and currently residing in India and planning a travel to Vietnam in the coming time.
First of all, as a Hong Kong passport holder, you should note that a valid visa is required to your trip to Vietnam, and it is not difficult for you to get a Vietnam visa in India. Like getting Vietnam visa for Hong Kong citizens in Hong Kong, you also have two options to obtain a visa for Vietnam:
1. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
This way is suggested first because it is preferred by many Hong Kong citizens for its convenience and simplicity. Instead of traveling to the embassy to submit visa application and pick up full visa, you only need a device with internet access to complete your visa application, including the following works:
- Submit online application for visa on arrival;
- Pay for service fee
- Get visa approval letter via email. (This letter is compulsory as it is an official permission allowing you to board flight to Vietnam).
And then you will get your full visa upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
However, please keep in mind that despite its convenience and simplicity in application, Vietnam visa on arrival is for those travelling to Vietnam by AIR only.
2. Apply for visa at Vietnam embassy in India
As you are in India and there is on office of Vietnam Embassy in this country, you can apply for visa at this embassy. Your application dossiers must include:
A holder of foreign passport submits to a Vietnamese consular/ authority visa application, including:
- 01 duly completed application form; 01 original passport photograph glued to the application form (taken within the last 01 year, 4×6 cm in size, straight face, no hat, no dark or tinted glasses).
- Passport, the remaining validity of which must be at least one month longer than the valid duration of the to-be granted visa.
- Documents with information about the trip to Vietnam (if any): note from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or diplomatic mission/consular office of the respective country (as for visitors under the supervision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs); or approval from Vietnamese authorities, namely the Immigration Department (Ministry of Public Security), or the Consular Department (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or Ho Chi Minh city Department of Foreign Affairs.
Here is contact information of Vietnam Embassy in India:
Embassy of Vietnam in New Delhi, India
Consulate General of Vietnam in Mumbai, India
- Address: B-306 Oberoi chamber New Link road andheri (w), Mumbai 400 053, India.
- Phone: (9122) 2673 668
- Fax: (9122) 2673 663
- Email: [email protected]