Vietnam e-visa for Indians
Recently, Vietnam has been becoming an emerging destination for Indian travelers. As the Indians are now not subject to any Vietnam visa exemption, so they still need to get a valid visa to enter Vietnam.
In addition to the two traditional ways to get a visa for Vietnam, consisting of embassy visa and visa on arrival, Indians citizens who need a visa for 30 days in Vietnam now can get an e-visa.
What is e-visa to Vietnam for Indians?
An Electronic visa or E-visa is a legal visa issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department to allow its holder to enter Vietnam.
Conditions for Indian citizens to get an e-visa for Vietnam:
- Their stay in Vietnam is no more than 30 days,
- They are not subject to any bans from entry into Vietnam,
- They enter Vietnam via one of the following ports of entry:
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Phu Bai International Airport
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Cha Lo Landport
- Bo Y Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- La Lay Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Mong Cai Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Na Meo Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Tay Trang Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Chan May Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Duong Dong Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
How much is an e-visa to Vietnam for Indian passport holders?
As an Indian passport holder applying for a Vietnam e-visa, you will be charged 25 USD in advance and will not be refunded if the application is not approved.
How to get Vietnam evisa to Indians
First of all, in order to apply for an evisa to Vietnam, the Indian passport holders need to prepare:
- Soft copy of passport page
- Soft copy of 4*6cm photo
And then, follow the steps below to get the electronic visa for Vietnam:
- Access https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn > select E-visa > select For foreigners.
- Read the instruction and check the box “Confirmation of reading carefully instructions and having completed application” and click “Next.”
- Upload your photo and passport personal data page as instructed.
- And then fill out the form with the required information, including:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Current nationality;
- Passport Number;
- Type of passport;
- Expiry date;
- Intended length of stay;
- Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam;
- Date of entry;
- Entry gate;
- Exit date;
- Contact details: Email, phone.
- Verify your information, and then you will get a verification code. Make sure you note it somewhere as you’ll need it later on.
- Pay for e-visa fee (USD25) via an online platform.
- Access to this website again a few days later, visit the e-visa search menu and enter your registration code, email, and date of birth to check your e-visa application processing.
- Get a link to download and print the one-page e-visa letter for Vietnam in case your application is approved.
- Print out the e-visa and bring it to enter Vietnam.
- Upon arriving at Vietnam port of entry, present an electronic visa printout with a valid passport to get immigration stamp onto passport.
Here is a sample of Vietnam e-visa:
Vietnam visa on arrival vs. e-visa for Indians
With the option of evisa, Indians traveling to Vietnam now have up to 3 ways to get a visa to Vietnam, consisting of:
- Getting a visa at Vietnam embassy/consulate
- Getting a visa on arrival
- Getting an evisa
Here, in this post, we will compare the 02 latter options to get visa to Vietnam for Indians as they are both applied online.
|Vietnam visa on arrival||Vietnam evisa|
|Applicable to travelers entering Vietnam via one of 8 international airports of Vietnam (Noi Bai in Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat in HCMC, Da Nang in Da Nang, Cat Bi in Hai Phong, Cam Ranh in Khanh Hoa, Lien Khuong in Da Lat, Can Tho in Can Tho & Phu Quoc in Phu Quoc).||Applicable to travelers entering Vietnam via one of 33 ports of entry mentioned above.|
|Valid for both 1 months and 3 months, single or multiple entry||Valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry|
|The travelers get the visa approval letter before departure and then get visa stamp upon arrival at Vietnam airport.||The travelers get the visa before departure for Vietnam.|
|The arrival airport can be switched after the visa letter is issued.||The arrival and exit ports are fixed and cannot be changed after the visa is issued.|
|Application for multiple travelers can be done in the same order.||One order is for one applicant only.|
|Urgent processing within 02 working hours, or during weekend.||No urgent or weekend processing|
You can see more information about Vietnam visa on arrival for Indians here.